I got this recipe from my mom who, it turns out, got it from my aunt. We all love this recipe! It’s so easy and the fresh blueberries on top make a nice contrast to the cooked filling in the middle. For the crust, you just process the ingredients in the food processor (or you can do this by hand if you don’t have one) and press it into the bottom of your pan. For the filling, you just toss blueberries with some flour, sugar and cinnamon and pour it on top of the crust before baking. After it has baked you top the tart with some fresh blueberries. Easy!
I usually use frozen blueberries for the filling since 5 cups of fresh blueberries can expensive, but when blueberries are in season and we go blueberry picking, I use all fresh.
Easy Blueberry TartThis blueberry tart has a quick shortbread crust and can be put together in less time than it takes to preheat your oven!
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, sugar, salt and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, 10-15 pulses.
- Sprinkle vinegar over top and pulse a few times to combine.
- Press mixture over the bottom of your prepared spring form pan.
- In a medium bowl stir together, flour, sugar, cinnamon and 3 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Pour filling over crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until filling is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh blueberries.
- Let cool completely before running a knife around the edge and removing side of pan.
Pulse flour, sugar, salt and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Then sprinkle with vinegar and pulse to combine.
Pour mixture into prepared pan and press evenly over bottom with fingers.
In a medium bowl stir together, flour, sugar, cinnamon and 3 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries.
Pour filling over crust and spread evenly.
Bake for 50-60 minutes until filling is bubbly.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh blueberries.
Let cool completely before running a knife around the edge and removing side of pan.