This weekend I had the pleasure of participating in The Great Blogger’s Bake-2020 Summer Picnic. The friendly recipe sharing competition among WordPress bloggers was hosted by Mel from the blog Caramel (Learner at Love) and the recipes were judged by Jeanne from the blog A Jeanne in the Kitchen.
There were over 60 submissions to the Bake-off and I had a great weekend reading and seeing pictures of all the fantastic recipes 🙂 Overall there were 6 star bakers:
- The youngest baker, Benji from Benji’s Very Big Blog won for Best Effort with his Shortbread Cookies
- Robbie from Robbie’s Inspirations won Best Cake for her amazing Drum Set cake, which is far more artistic a cake than I could ever do!
- Geoff LePard of won for Best Bread with his Perfect Bread Loaf
- Tandy Sinclair from Lavender and Lime won for Best Savory Dish with her Vegetable Cups
- Sophie from Foodzesty won for Best Beverage with her Watermelon Grenadine Mocktail
- And I won for Best Dessert with my Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars!
There were so many amazing recipes shared this weekend and I have lots of new ideas to play with 🙂 Here are a few other recipes I found tempting:
- Chocolate Truffle Espresso Tart posted by Caramel
- Cupcake Bouquets from Baking for Therapy
- Paneer Pizza from Atara’s Ideas
- Pastitsio from A Unique Title for Me
- Vanilla Cake with Champagne Buttercream from Bitches that Bake
- Apple Pie Layer Cake by last year’s Star Baker Sheree from View From the Back (I’ll be trying this one soon!!!)
It was such a fun weekend and I am honoured to have received an accolade! I would like to thank both Jeanne and Mel for putting this together. It would have been a lot of work writing a post for each entry and making and judging the recipes! I hope you head over to the blog sites linked to check them out.