Hello Everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve done a recipe post … the bakery business is doing really well and doing that on top of my regular job means I don’t have as much time for recipe testing! I recently filmed a YouTube video of my Easy Blueberry tart and wanted to share it with you.
If you are familiar with the tart from my original post last year, you will notice that a few things have changed with the recipe. In order to sell this tart in my bakery, I needed to be able to transfer it to a box for customer pick-up so I had to change the crust. The good news is that it’s now even easier to make! Instead of baking the tart in a springform pan and using a crust that is put together in the food processor with cold butter, I have changed it to my favourite pat-in-the-pan crust that uses melted butter. All you need to do is stir the four crust ingredients together and pat it evenly in your tart pan or springform pan! The resulting crust is a bit sturdier than my original crust and is easier to remove from a tart pan. I also reduced the sugar in the filling a bit for what I think is the perfect, not-too-sweet jam filling.
This tart is so easy to make and with the mix of frozen and fresh blueberries in the recipe, it’s easy to make year-round!
Below is the YouTube video along with the updated recipe. Enjoy!
Easy Blueberry TartThis blueberry tart has a quick shortbread crust and can be put together in less time than it takes to preheat your oven!
- Preheat oven to 400F/205C.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar and salt.
- Add melted butter and stir to combine.
- Press mixture over the bottom of a 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom, or a 9 inch spring form pan.
- In a medium bowl stir together, flour, sugar, cinnamon and 3 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Pour filling over crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until filling is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh blueberries.
- Let cool completely before running a knife around the edge and removing side of pan.