Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
Blueberry Dutch Baby
This impressive breakfast dish is a celebration of blueberries and takes only 5 minutes of work! A 10-inch oven-proof skillet is needed for this recipe.
- Adjust rack to upper-middle position and preheat oven to 425 F/218 C.
- Whisk together flour, granulated sugar, salt, eggs, milk and vanilla in a medium bowl until no lumps remain, about 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups blueberries, brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Place butter in a 10-inch oven-proof skillet and heat in the oven until butter is melted and begins to brown a bit, about 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven and take 1 tbs butter from pan and stir it into the blueberry mixture. Swirl the rest of the butter to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Pour batter into the pan then sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the pancake edges are brown and the pancake is puffy.
- Carefully remove the skillet from the oven. Using a heat-proof spatula, lift the cake from the skillet onto a serving plate.
- Top with remaining blueberries, then sift icing sugar and grate lemon zest over top. Serve immediately.