Yields: 12 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 25 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
My favourite quick and easy blueberry muffin recipe. These are a wonderful breakfast treat!
- Heat oven to 350F
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In large bowl, whisk egg until light-coloured, about 20 seconds.
- Add sugar and whisk vigorously until thick and homogeneous, about 30 seconds.
- Add melted butter in 2 or 3 steps, whisking to combine after each addition.
- Add yogurt in 2 steps, whisking until combined.
- Add blueberries to the dry ingredients and gently toss to combine.
- Add to yogurt mixture and carefully fold with rubber spatula until batter comes together and berries are evenly distributed. Small spots of flour may remain and batter will be thick. Do not overmix.
- Scoop into prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes, rotating the tin halfway through baking, until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean and tops are nicely browned.
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes before either turning out onto cooling rack to cool or enjoying warm.