Chocolate Chip and Salted Caramel Cookie Cups
Like a cross between a cookie and a muffin, these chocolate chip cookie cups are filled with a delightful surprise of salted caramel in the middle. You can use store bought sauce or make my homemade Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe. The chocolate should be finely chopped to make the mixture easy to scoop.
Recipe Credit: Jane’s Patisserie
- Preheat oven to 350 F/180 C and liberally grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugars until mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- Stir in flour mixture and mix to combine. Then stir in chocolate.
- Take out 3/4 cup of your mixture and set aside.
- Divide the rest of the mixture evenly between your prepared muffin cups and press the mixture evenly into the bottom.
- Poke an approximate 1 inch (2.5 cm) hole in the centre of each cup, making sure not to poke all the way through. A floured end of a rolling pin works well for this, or you can use your fingers.
- Fill each hole with a heaping teaspoon of caramel sauce. The hole should be full, but not overflowing.
- Divide the rest of the mixture into one tablespoon portions and press into flat disks. Then place each disk over top of the filled cookies and press the sides gently to secure.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden on top. Let cool completely in the pan before running a knife around the edge and removing the cookie cups.