Yields: 8 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 2 Hr 15 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 2 Hr 25 Mins
Easy Burger Buns
This easy burger bun recipe takes very little work to make and are absolutely delicious! Top them with sesame seeds or keep them plain!
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together water, yeast, sugar and vegetable oil. Let stand about until yeast foams on top, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk egg into yeast mixture.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
- Stir yeast mixture into flour and mix to combine into a shaggy dough.
- Knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes.
- Place dough in a large greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Divide dough into 8 equal portions. A digital scale can help to make accurate, equal portions.
- Form each piece into balls, by stretching the top of the dough around the sides and under the bottom. Using cupped hands, pull the dough in circles to create a strong surface tension. This will ensure smooth bun tops.
- Using the palm of your hand, flatten each round into a uniform disk shape.
- Place on lined baking sheet. Spray the tops of your disks lightly with vegetable oil spray, cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- After buns have risen, brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds if you wish.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Let cool completely on pan.
- Best if served same day as cooking, or you can slice the buns horizontally and keep them in the freezer.