Homemade Dulce de Leche is unbelievably easy to make! All you need is some sweetened condensed milk, an oven, and a blender. Follow these simple steps and you can have creamy homemade Dulce de Leche anytime!
- Preheat oven to 400F/205 C
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into an oven-safe dish and cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Place the dish in a high sided baking pan. Pour hot water in the baking pan to the level of the condensed milk in the dish.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until caramel coloured. I recommend stirring the mixture at about 1 hr and 15 mintues to mix in the top layer of the dulce de leche which often becomes darker than the rest.
- You will notice when you stir the dulce de leche that it looks curdled, and resembles chunky peanut butter. This is resolved easily by blending with an immersion blender or by letting it cool and blending it in a traditional blender. Once the dulce de leche is smooth, it's ready to serve!