Category: Pies and Tarts, Recipes
Yields: 8 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 40 Mins
Easy Key Lime Pie
Key Lime Pie is delicious so easy to make with just a few key ingredients! Key limes are not necessary for this recipe but fresh limes are a must! If you want to omit the nuts in the crust, increase the graham cracker crumbs by 1/4 cup.
For the Crust
- For the Pie
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, pecans, sugar and cinnamon. Pour melted butter over top and stir to combine.
- Press crumb mixture evenly on the bottom and up the sides of your prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until golden. Let stand on rack until filling is ready.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and lime zest and lime juice until well combined.
- Stir in condensed milk and mix to combine. Mixture will thicken slightly.
- Pour into baked crust and bake for 20-25 minutes until mixture is set but still jiggles slightly in the centre.
- Let cool on rack for one hour then put in the fridge to cool completely, about 3 hours. Serve topped with whipped cream.