Yields: 8 Servings Difficulty: Easy Cook Time: 45 Mins Total Time: 45 Mins
Easy No-Knead Crusty Artisan Bread
This bread requires just minutes of work but looks and tastes like it came from a bakery!
- In a 2-cup liquid measuring cup, add 1/3 cup beer, then add enough water to fill to 1-1/2 cups.
- Add yeast and whisk to mix. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour and salt in a large bowl.
- After yeast mixture has become foamy on top add vinegar.
- Pour liquid mixture over flour mixture and stir to form a shaggy ball.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 8-18 hours.
- Lay a 14-inch square of parchment paper inside a 10-inch skillet and dust generously with flour.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured counter and knead about 10 times to smooth dough.
- Form into a smooth ball by pulling the edges into the middle and pinching the seam closed.
- Put dough seam side down in the skillet and spray the surface of the dough with vegetable oil spray.
- Cover loosely with plastic and let rise at room temperature until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- 1 hour before baking, adjust oven rack to lowest position. Place dutch oven with the lid on in the oven and heat the oven to 500 degrees. Both the oven and the dutch oven should be screaming hot when you put the bread in!
- Lightly flour the top of your dough and using a serrated knife, make a 6-inch long, 1/2 inch deep slash along the top of the dough.
- Carefully remove the pot from the oven and remove lid. Pick up loaf by lifting up the parchment overhang and lower it into the pot. Let any excess parchment paper hang over the edge.
- Cover the pot and place in the oven.
- Lower the temperature to 425F and bake, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake until crust is golden brown and the internal temperature of the loaf is 207-210F, about 20-30 minutes more.
- Carefully remove the loaf from the pot and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Let cool at least 2 hours before cutting into it.