French crêpes are easy to make and the sky is the limit when topping your crêpes! Have fun experimenting with different flavour combinations! If you are going to do savoury crêpes, leave out the vanilla and rum.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch and sugar.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk, oil, vanilla and rum.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk to combine. The batter should be fairly runny so add water to thin the batter as needed.
- Heat 10 inch skillet or crêpe pan over medium heat. When hot, brush with a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Gradually pour 1/3 cup of crêpe batter over the bottom of your pan, turning as you pour to move the batter around and coat the bottom of the pan. Keep turning and pouring until the bottom of the pan is coated, fill any holes with batter as needed.
- Cook until top looks dry and bottom begins to brown, 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Flip crêpe and cook until 2nd side begins to have brown spots, 30 seconds to one minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter, brushing the pan with oil between making each crêpe.
- Keep crêpes warm in the oven while you make remaining crêpes. – Crêpes may be stored in the fridge and reheated in briefly in the microwave.