Yields: 1 Serving Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 40 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 50 Mins
Next Level Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Browned butter, an extra egg yolk and the pan dropping technique take these cookies to a whole new level!
- Melt butter in a 10 inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Continue to cook, swirling pan constantly until butter is dark brown and has a nutty aroma, about 1-3 minutes.
- Set butter aside to cool a bit in a bowl while you prepare your other ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda.
- Rough chop chocolate if using a chocolate bar.
- Mix sugars in a bowl.
- Add melted butter and egg and vanilla and mix to combine after each addition on low speed.
- Add flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate.
- Cover and chill in fridge for 30-40 minutes, or up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mat.
- Once dough has chilled, Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto baking sheet, 8 cookies per sheet. You may need to press in the chocolate chunks on top of the dough if they fall off.
- Bake cookies 2 sheets at a time.
- After 6 minutes, pick up each sheet and drop on the oven rack 2-3 times to knock the air out of the cookies, then swap which rack the cookies are on.
- Repeat the “dropping” every 2 minute until the cookies are done, about 8 – 10 minutes, with a final set of drops at the end of cooking.
- Leave to set on pan at least 5 minutes so that the cookie and chocolate can firm up before moving to rack to cool completely.