Pumpkin Spice Muffins
I tinkered around with this recipe until I achieved pumpkin spice muffins that have a wonderfully fluffy texture and bake up with nice domed tops. For the most accurate results, I recommend measuring by weight.
- Place an oven rack on the lower-middle position and preheat to 400 F/205 C/ Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, vegetable oil, eggs, pumpkin puree and orange juice.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices into a medium bowl.
- Gently fold in the flour to the liquid ingredients, until just combined. Do not overmix!
- Divide the batter evenly between the cups of your prepared muffin tin. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until the muffin tops are domed and begin to turn golden.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing.