Sourdough Discard Crackers
These crackers are an easy way to use your sourdough discard. The dough takes seconds to put together and doesn’t require any kneading. The mix of herbs and sourdough tang make these crackers pop! Cut them into 2-inch circles like I did, or in strips for a more rustic cracker.
Recipe credit: Love and Olive Oil
- In a medium bowl, combine sourdough starter with flours, olive oil, herbs and salt. Mix to combine.
- Cover and let rest in fridge for 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours
- Preheat oven to 350 F/180 C
- Roll out dough to about 3 mm or 1/8 inch thick.
- Using a 2-inch round cutter, cut out rounds of dough and place on two lined baking sheets. Place one sheet in the fridge to chill while you cook the first set of crackers.
- Before baking, lightly brush the tops of the crackers with water then sprinkle generously with salt.
- Bake until crackers are dry and firm. Between 12-20 minutes, depending on how thinly your crackers are rolled. Begin checking at 12 minutes, then check every 2 minutes thereafter.
- Let cool completely on pans. Store in an airtight container.