Stabilized Whipped Cream
This stabilized whipped cream is perfect for piping and will hold its shape for hours. This recipe make 2 cups.
- In a small bowl sprinkle gelatin over top of water and let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat gelatin in microwave until dissolved, about 20 seconds. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, whip cream, sugar and vanilla to soft peaks.
- With mixer on low, slowly pour in gelatin.
- Increase speed and whip to stiff peaks.
- Cream is now ready to either be pipped or spread over top of pie.